This course summarizes the main accounting and disclosure requirements under International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
It explains current IPSAS pronouncements in operating detail from the perspective of practitioners. It also compares main differences between IPSAS and IFRS.
It shows examples and surveys that are relevant in several jurisdictions.
Key Benefits of Attending this Course:
Understanding of the basic principles of IPSAS
Comparison with IFRS
Wide and comprehensive picture of the subjects treated
Explanation of new developments
Awareness of ramifications and implications
Reference on where to find additional materials as appropriate, without initiating a time- consuming research
Who Should Attend:
CEO’s, Managing Directors, Heads of Departments and Directors of:
Governmental and Public sector Officers
Chief Financial Officers
Chief Accounting Officers
Directors of Finance and Administration
Internal & External Auditors
Anyone who requires an understanding of financial reporting in the Public sector.
What Will You Learn From This Series Of Courses?
This course summarizes the main accounting and disclosure requirements under International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS). It explains current IPSAS pronouncements in operating detail from the perspective of practitioners. It also compares main differences between IPSAS and IFRS. It shows examples and surveys that are relevant in several jurisdictions.
This course aims to enhance the quality and transparency of public sector financial reporting by:
Establishing high-quality standards for use by public sector entities;
Promoting the acceptance, and the international convergence to, IPSASs;
Providing comprehensive information for public sector financial management and decision making; and
Providing guidance on issues and experiences in financial reporting in the public sector.
This course follows a very structured and public due process in the development of all International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSASs). This process provides the opportunity for all those interested in financial reporting in the public sector, including those preparers and users directly affected by the IPSASs, and ensure that their views are considered in the standard-setting development process.
Westlands, Woodvale Groove
Reliance Center,Suite 301
P: (020) 514-0700
AGENDA & PROGRAM
Introduction to IPSAS
Preface to IPSAS
The Conceptual Framework
Presentation and Disclosures
- Presentation of Financial Statements (IPSAS 1)
- Cash Flow Statements (IPSAS 2)
- Accounting Changes (IPSAS 3)
- Subsequent Events (IPSAS 14)
- Related Party Disclosures (IPSAS 20)
- Segment Reporting (IPSAS 18)
- Hyperinflation (IPSAS 10)
- Disclosure about the General Government Sector (IPSAS 22)
- Budget Information in Financial Statements (IPSAS 24)
Recognition and Measurement
- Revenue from Exchange Transactions (IPSAS 9)
- Revenue from Non-exchange Transactions (IPSAS 23)
- Inventories (IPSAS 12)
- Construction Contracts (IPSAS 11)
- Property, Plant and Equipment (IPSAS 17)
- Borrowing Costs (IPSAS 5)
- Intangible Assets (IPSAS 31)
- Leases (IPSAS 13)
- Investment Property (IPSAS 16)
- Impairment of Non-cash-generating Assets (IPSAS 21)
- Impairment of Cash-generating Assets (IPSAS 26)
- Service Concession Arrangements (IPSAS 32)
- Provisions and Contingencies (IPSAS 19)
- Employee Benefits (IPSAS 25)
- Financial Instruments (IPSAS 15, 28, 29, 30)
Group of Entities
- Consolidated and Separate Financial Statements (IPSAS 6)
- Associates (IPSAS 7)
- Joint Ventures (IPSAS 8)
- Foreign Exchange Rates (IPSAS 4)
Cash Basis IPSASs
Discover the place where the heavens meet the earth, where the rhythm of nature pounds to the beat of an African drum, and where life is all about a revival of the senses.
Situated at the foothills of Mount Meru in the city of Arusha, Tanzania, the Mount Meru Hotel lies on 9 acres of lush landscape, surrounded by some of Africa’s most breath-taking vistas, rich with a diverse array of wildlife, etched against the fertile slopes of this beautiful mountain.
Give your imagination wings as you sit at the mountain’s feet, and listen as it reveals stories it has kept hidden for centuries.
Don't miss the event!